I don't know anybody that doesn't like cheesy bread. It's great with pasta or a salad or as an appetizer. It is so simple, yet so delicious. Topping with fresh chopped herbs really puts it over the top. I hope you try it & enjoy.
I also sprinkle a little garlic powder over the crust before the Italian Seasoning. BUT, you have to be careful not to use too much. Too much garlic will make the whole dish bitter & inedible.
HEALTHIER VERSION - use an organic or whole grain crust or pita bread. Since I don't eat white bread anymore, I use whole grain pita bread & it is just as delicious. When using the pita, I follow steps 1-6 then put in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
1 refrigerated pizza crust
2-3 cups of shredded Italian cheese
1 medium tomato – chopped
McCormick Italian Seasoning
Chopped fresh or dried parsley
Chopped fresh or dried basil
1) Spread pizza crust onto a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
2) Drizzle olive oil on crust. Using a pastry brush or your hand, spread olive oil all over crust.
3) Sprinkle Italian seasoning all over crust.
4) Spread Italian cheese onto crust being sure to cover completely (otherwise it’s not cheesy bread).
5) Add chopped tomato on top of cheese.
6) Top with parsley and basil.
7) Bake according to directions on pizza crust.
8) Cut into squares & enjoy!