Monday, December 3, 2012

BLOOD DRAW NIGHT

I try my best to keep a good attitude & positive outlook, but nights like this get to me. Once, sometimes twice a month we have to take 4-7 vials of Kevin's blood. All the tubes but one are taken after we get his needles in, but before i hook him up to the machine.  The last tube is taken after treatment is over, but before I get him ready to push his blood back to him.  I hate blood draw nights! I am not a nurse! I am just a wife trying to take care of her husband.  I need octopus arms. It really frustrates me that nephrologists charge $50,000 a month and they don't do any of the work. I understand that home health can't come everyday for 4 hours.  But it sure seems like they could come once a month to draw blood.

Tonight we had trouble getting the tubes to suck his blood in, so we have to improvise in order to get his blood in the tube.  While trying to figure out what to do we forgot to clamp his line coming out of his arm off, so blood went everywhere.  All over him, all over my hands & feet, all over the carpet that was just shampooed last week. But I don't have time to clean up the blood until after we get the tubes filled up and get him attached to the machine and going so I can get all of the blood I can back into him.

As if one blood spill for the night wasn't enough, we did the same thing at the end when preparing to draw the last tube. Needless to say, I am stressed out and my neck is hurting again.

Sorry for ranting. Thanks for reading and please keep us in your prayers.  We are so ready for him to be healthy again and we believe that God is still does miracles.

Blessings and love,
Lori


 

2 comments:

  1. Praying that God answers prayers quickly and Kevin receives his transplant. He is blessed to have such a faithful & loving companion with which to share this journey. I pray God continues to give you great grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracey. We could not make it through this without our faithful prayer warriors and friends. When he is healed, I want to have a big party for all the people that have prayed for us and helped us.

      Delete