Monday, January 13, 2014

FIRST FRUITS/DANIEL FAST DAY 12 - HOW HE LOVES US

Good morning! Here we are at day 12 of our annual Fast. How are you doing? I'm hearing some great reports from some people that are fasting. Like I told you before, the first week I was discouraged about some things, but God showed up last week. He caused some things to happen that we've been praying about for a long time. I know it's not easy, but hang in there, you will be so glad you did.

FOOD - Again, Daniel Fast is no meat, no breads and no sweets, BUT it is all between you and God. We allow ourselves tortillas because we are so busy and it is easy for us to wrap something up in a tortilla and eat it on the go. Yesterday I made burritos for us to eat on for a few days. These were super fast and easy. Here's what I did:

2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 can chili beans
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons chili powder (more if you want)
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1-2 teaspoons pepper
cheese (your favorite, we like cheddar with this)
ALL SPICES CAN BE ADJUSTED TO YOUR TASTE

I cooked rice in microwave according to directions. When rice is done, add all other ingredients and mix together thoroughly. I wanted to add corn to this also but Kevin didn't want me to. I think corn would be good in it. Heat coconut oil in skillet or spray a griddle with non stick spray. Put some of the mixture and cheese in middle of tortilla, wrap up like a burrito, place in hot oil or on hot griddle and cook until outside becomes golden brown on both sides. I put in individual ziplock bags so we can take to work for our lunches this week.

The last few days I have been completely overwhelmed by how much God loves me. Then yesterday morning, my Pastor preached on that as well. Pastor Phil said "If He gave His son, what would He withhold from us?" Can you imagine giving up your child. Knowing that you are sending him to be persecuted and tortured, to die a horrible death. I love my boys so much. I don't think I could do it. But God loves us so much and Jesus loves us so much that they did it just for me and just for you. Jesus didn't have to come. He could have said "no". The David Crowder song "Oh, How He Loves Us" keeps playing in my head. Here's a link to the video for you. Listen closely to the words and meditate on how much God loves you. There is absolutely nothing that you could ever do to make Him stop loving you. I am so thankful for His amazing grace, His mercy and that He loves me unconditionally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCunuL58odQ

Have a blessed week!

Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment