Saturday, January 4, 2014

FIRST FRUITS/DANIEL FAST DAY 4

Today is the first Saturday of the new year. I love Saturdays. I have worked since I was 14 and fulltime since I was 17. Saturdays are the only days that I don't have to watch the clock and rush around. When my boys were little we called Saturdays "snuggle days". They would get in bed with us and we watched cartoons in bed all snuggled up. I am tired. I am praying that my Plexus business really takes off this year so that I can retire or semi-retire in a year or two. I want to have lots of snuggle days with my gandchildren when I get some.

I want to hear how your fast is going. I know that a lot of people are starting tomorrow. Lots of churches do a corporate fast where everyone starts on the same day and ends on the same day. I do believe that churches see great things happen when the body is united in fasting and prayer. I just felt that God told me to begin our fast on January 1, so that's what we did.

Lots of people eat out on the weekends. If you are doing the Daniel Fast you can still eat out. Here are some options for eating out while on Daniel Fast -
Vegetable soup or chowder & salad
Beans & rice
Vegetable plate
Eggplant rollitini or eggplant parmesan
Cole slaw
Shrimp & broccoli (if you are allowing fish & seafood)
Fried rice
Eggs, omelets, quiche
Cheese enchiladas
Potatoes (french fries, baked, etc)

You can find something to eat in any restaurant. Just don't worry about it too much. Again make your focus more on God than on food. Remember that since you are not eating beef, chicken, pork, etc. that you need to get your  protein from other sources like beans, nuts, Greek yogurt, dairy, eggs, etc.

Today try to concentrate on all the blessings that God has given you. We get so wrapped up in our troubles sometimes that we forget about our blessings and all that He has brought us through. Keep praise and worship music on today in your house, in your car, wherever you go. It's amazing how much music can affect our attitudes.

Have a blessed day. I'm praying for you. Please keep my family in your prayers.

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment