Friday, January 3, 2014

FIRST FRUITS/DANIEL FAST DAY 3

I hope your fast is going well.  Has the enemy tried to make you lose your focus yet? He's hitting me hard! I have to keep reminding myself that the rewards will be worth it. I have to keep my eyes on the prize. I see my Jesus at the finish line waiting for me with open arms.

Today's Fasting Edge devotion is "Choose to do Right".
Romans 12:9 Paul instructs believers "abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good." 

"Whenever you make a choice against one thing - you make a choice FOR something else. When you make your mind up to abhor evil, you make the choice to cling to what is good. In the same manner, when you choose to ignore the prompting of the Lord in an area, you are making a choice to do something that opposes His best plan for your life. Choosing to do right is not always easy, but God's grace is sufficient to see you through."

"We've all seen Christians who devote their entire lives to God, building ministries or personal legacies, only to watch them fall to pieces when some secret sin or scandal is exposed.  Unfortunately, one wrong choice can overshadow a lifetime of service to the King.  They ran the race but faltered just before the finish line.  I'm not saying God can't forgive and restore. He certainly does.  But let's choose today to finish well."

I am exhausted.... mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It is taking every ounce of my being to stay focused during this fast. I refuse to be defeated. I'm tired of the enemy stealing my family's blessings. I am claiming blessings and favor and complete restoration for my family 2014. I choose to finish well.

Hang in there, friends! We are in this together. This recipe looks delicious! I LOVE brussels sprouts! Of course for the fast you could omit the bacon, but after the fast, the bacon is going in. :)

http://www.closetcooking.com/2013/11/brussels-sprout-hash-with-sweet-potato.html

Love and prayers,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment